2017 DeMarini Voodoo Balanced Review
Any serious baseball player knows the name DeMarini’s Voodoo. The DeMarini’s “Voodoo” baseball bat line is considered to be one of the best equipment available on the market. The 2017 DeMarini Voodoo Balanced baseball bat line is for the serious athlete that has a lot of potential (click here to see Best BBCOR Bats of 2017). The “Voodoo” bat line has been a top runner in the two-piece hybrid bat game; from professional athletes to semi-pro players to the above average league player.
Even though most individuals who play ball know this line’s name, the line is not made for your average everyday league player in mind. DeMarini Voodoo baseball bats are created for the strongest players on the team (check out top BBCOR Bats here).
Where to buy the 2017 Voodoo Balanced?
Since this bat is now no longer price protected by manufacturers, the best price is usually found on eBay. I found a few real cheap options new in wrapper and a couple used ones that you could get for just about shipping prices.
The 2017 DeMarini Voodoo Balanced Is Suggested For Use By The Following:
- The baseball player who wants or requires dynamic, out of the box performance.
- The baseball player who doesn’t want to worry about how durable the type of bat is and doesn’t want a composite bat barrel sound when hitting the ball.
- The baseball player who is quite comfortable utilizing a high performance bat.
- The baseball player who would rather have a bat that has a soft smash of a high quality two-piece baseball bat.
- The baseball player who requires a swing that is lighter; not the lightest baseball bat.
As I mentioned above, the 2017 DeMarini Voodoo Balance is made for the strongest players around, therefore, just because this line of bats is top of the line, doesn’t necessarily mean it is meant for every player. Even the player that can afford this line of bats but isn’t the strongest player should find something that will fit their needs much better. DeMarini manufactures quite a few other baseball bats that would probably be a better fit in the long run and help you to make the most of your game.
The 2017 DeMarini Voodoo Balanced Is NOT Suggested For Use By The Following:
- The baseball player who prefers an ultra-light swing bat.
- The baseball player who wants the sleeker feel and hollow crack of the composite baseball bat barrel.
- Prefers or requires an end-loaded baseball bat.
- The baseball player who loves to play but can’t stretch their budget enough to pay high-end prices such as is the case for the DeMarnini Voodoo Balance bat.
- The baseball player who prefers an extremely long barrel.
The 2017 DeMarini Voodoo Balanced Sizing Guide:
The 2017 DeMarini Voodoo Balanced bat comes in six differing sizes. Please keep in mind that the Voodoo Balanced is different from the Voodoo End-load. Each size of the Voodoo Balanced is coded with a separate color to assist in knowing the size by looking at it.
Six Different Sizes – Color Coded:
- The 2017 BBCOR Voodoo Balanced: This size bat comes color coded with a red stripe and a red grip. Be careful when shopping for this bat as the colors are quite close to the colors on the Voodoo End-loaded.
- The 2017 Drop 5 – 2 5/8 Barrel, Voodoo Balanced: This size bat comes color coded with accents of green surrounding it. PLEASE NOTE: The design and colorization closely resembles the 2017 Drop 9 5/8 which also has accents of green surrounding the bat but is lime green.
- The 2017 Drop 9 – 2 5/8 Barrel, Voodoo Balanced: This size bat comes color coded with lime green. As stated above, PLEASE NOTE, the design and color coding resembles very closely to that of the 2017 Drop 5 – 2 5/8.
- The 2017 Voodoo Balanced: This bat is also been added to the new “Voodoo” line and is expected to be the most popular baseball bat out of all large barrel bats. The “Voodoo Balanced” is available in a drop 10 – 2 ¾ only for the moment.
- The 2017 Voodoo Balanced – Junior: This size bat is set to be released. There are some differences from this bat and the others listed. The main difference is this is a one-piece bat and not a two-piece. The reason it is placed in the same category is that the same alloy amount is used inside the barrel and goes clear down through the handle too. The “Voodoo Balanced Junior” is rated to withstand pitching speeds of around forty-five miles per hour, however, many believe it would survive higher speeds, but I do not recommend trying that. This is a shorter bat and is available in 25”, 26”, and 27” only.
- The 2017 Drop 13 – 2 ¼ – Balanced- Youth: This is the last bat available in the “Voodoo Balanced” baseball bat line. It has a barrel for a youth and you will find that the color coding on this bat is a wonderful stand-out, burned orange shade.
I know that most likely the parent in the house will be running out to purchase the baseball bat that is required and begged for. This includes, people like me, who don’t know anything about baseball. This is one reason that the color coding helps a lot. Just make sure that you are careful and not pick up the similar color coded bats that are available on the market.